The content of the article
- Upper chest exercises
- How much to train
- Muscle building diet
A beautiful, elastic and pumped up body is not only attractive, but also fashionable. Indeed, the modern fashion for a healthy lifestyle is becoming increasingly popular. However, often men make some mistakes, because of which the formed figure becomes awkward. Often this is expressed by swollen arms, but weak (even thin) legs, malformed breasts. The muscles of the upper chest make up 60 percent of the entire breast, therefore, working on the upper part, we determine the appearance of the breast as a whole. A beautiful inflated chest and a “collar” zone attracts women no less than powerful biceps. But how to shape this chest so that a real result is noticeable?
Upper Chest Exercises To Build Your Upper Pecs
Here are some effective exercises to help you work out your upper chest.
- Always start your workout with an exercise on an incline bench. This will emphasize precisely the upper muscle group. You can press the barbell, do exercises with dumbbells, the main condition is that the bench should not be horizontal, but inclined. And the need to perform these exercises at the very beginning of the training is that the muscles at this moment are “fresh”, you can do more approaches and repetitions, which ensures a better result. It is best to set an inclined bench at 20-30 degrees. If you do more, for example, 45, deltas come into play, removing the load from the pectoral muscles.
- Prefer dumbbells over barbells. Performing exercises with dumbbells on an inclined bench, constantly change the angle of the bench. This allows you to work out different muscles of the chest – the upper, middle and lower parts. The most effective exercise with dumbbells for the upper chest is to put your arms apart. Lie down on an inclined bench, hands are slightly bent at the elbows, fists are turned by palms to each other. Open your arms as wide as possible. Do 30 reps in 4-5 sets.
- If you work out in the gym, one of the best chest simulators is a crossover machine. It not only gives a tremendous load on the necessary muscles, but also stretches them in a qualitative manner, which allows the fibers to grow even more. At the same time, be sure to watch your elbows – raise your elbows higher and keep them parallel to the floor.
- Partial amplitude bench press is very good for building pectoral muscles. Sit on a horizontal or inclined bench, the grip is slightly wider than usual. Partial amplitude is when movements are not performed strictly from the bottom up, but only in the upper part, lowering and raising the bar a little.
- Another good exercise for working out the pectoral muscles is push-ups. But classical push-ups mostly affect only the lower chest. Therefore, we will push up on the chairs. Place two stools so that there is a distance between them equal to the distance from the elbow to the elbow. We put our feet on a bench or sofa (if the exercise is performed at home). When lowering the body, try to lower as low as possible, so you are working on the upper part of the pectoral muscles. It is best to do 20 reps in 3-4 sets. If this number of repetitions and approaches is easy for you, do the exercise with weight.
- A great exercise for working out the upper chest is dips. In order to maximize the effect of the exercises, you need to spread your arms as wide as possible, and lower yourself not completely, but only half.
- Lie down on a horizontal (but better on an inclined!) Bench. Take dumbbells in your hands as if holding a bar. Start lifting and lowering the dumbbells at the same time. Do 2-3 sets of 15-20 reps.
- To work out the inside of the pectoral muscles, you need to perform narrow push-ups. The technique of the exercise is similar to the classic push-ups, but hands should be placed as close to each other so that the fingers of one hand touch the fingers of the other hand. At the same time, lowering the case, do not rush to rise to its original position, fix the body in this form for a second. This will create maximum load on the upper chest.
- Another type of exercise in which the upper chest is involved is push-ups “forward”. To do this, place your legs at a higher level than the rest of the body. To put a strain on the muscles of the chest, and not the triceps, you need to position the elbows so that they look in different directions.
These basic exercises can be supplemented with other variations, but the basic techniques should be unchanged. To work out the upper chest, the training schedule is also important.
Chest Day Workout: How Much To Train
First, pay attention to the training mode. Any experienced bodybuilder will tell you that you can’t exercise every day. Even with a persistent desire to achieve great results. The fact is that in intensive training, muscle fibers get micro-fractures, which subsequently heal (hence the pain after training). If you exercise at intervals of a day, the muscles have the ability to stretch and increase, which is what we need.
When creating a training schedule, try to change the exercises so that the muscles do not get used to it, change the type of exercises, increase the number of repetitions and sets, add weight. Each time the load should change, increase. This is the only way you can build muscle.
How To Get Pecs: Muscle Building Diet
Of considerable importance when building any muscle group is nutrition. Any athlete knows that the basis for bodybuilder nutrition is protein. Its percentage in any meal should be at least 60. Here are some rules in the diet that will accelerate the process of building chest muscles.
- Protein, protein, protein. This is the main condition for muscle growth. This can include meat, fish, poultry, egg white, dairy products, soy, beans.
- Considerable importance is given to carbohydrates. They should be at least 30 percent. This helps to build mass.
- You need to eat fractionally – often, a little. It is better if you have about 6 meals a day. The portion should be such as to satisfy the hunger, but at the same time and such as to be hungry after 2.5-3 hours.
- Before training, it is better to eat something carbohydrate, such as a banana. He will saturate the body with energy so that the training is useful, intense, intense.
- You can enjoy a protein shake right after your workout. Muscle-depleted muscles will be happy to absorb the protein product, which will contribute to their active growth.
- Special attention should be paid to liquids. A day you need to drink at least 2.5 liters of clean water, you can mineral, but not carbonated. Coffee, strong tea, alcohol, carbonated drinks should be eliminated altogether or minimized.
- In cooking, cooking and stewing should be preferred. You can steam, bake meat and vegetables in the oven. No fried food!
- Discard the oil or use it as little as possible – only in salad dressings. In general, salads from fresh vegetables are best seasoned with yogurt.
- Avoid salt and sugar or reduce their intake to a minimum.
- Carbohydrate products (pasta from durum wheat, whole grain bread) should be consumed mainly in the morning. Dinner (especially after a workout) – strictly protein foods. This will allow you to dry, gain more relief forms.
These simple rules will help you speed up the process of building muscle – not only the upper chest, but also the rest of the body.
Sometimes the girl needs to pump up the upper part of the pectoral muscles. This is due not only to the desire for a relief body. Strengthening the pectoral muscles allows you to tighten the mammary glands, increase their volume by half. Exercises, in this case, should be similar, but the number of repetitions and approaches should be less than that of men.
A beautiful male body with pronounced pectoral muscles creates the image of wild Tarzan, which women like so much. Often, coming to the gym and pulling dumbbells every night is not enough. To build your own body you need to approach responsibly. Only with a competent approach can you sculpt your own figure, making it perfect.